Sliding Vane Compressors and Vacuum Process Equipment
Sliding vane compressors are powerful machines. They can also be used in a wide variety of industries in vacuum pump applications.
How a Sliding Vane Compressor Works
Rotary sliding vane compressors consist of an external casing called a cylinder, the rotating element inside called the rotor, and sliding vanes. The rotor is eccentrically located in the cylinder.
- The rotor has longitudinal slots that hold the vanes. As the rotor turns the vanes slide outward, due to centrifugal force, to reach the inner walls of the cylinder. The vanes will trap a pocket of gas as they pass by the compressor inlet. As the rotor continues to rotate, the volume of that pocket of gas is decreased due to the eccentricity of the rotor. The volume continues to be compressed until the leading vane reaches the discharge port, where the compressed gas is released.
Industries that use Rotary Vane Compressors as Vacuum Pumps
Rotary Vane Vacuum Pumps are used in a variety of industries that require deep vacuums. Examples include:
- Power Plants. Condensing services are needed for power plants to remove dissolved gases, such as oxygen and carbon dioxide. This minimizes corrosion and fouling issues that come from biological growth.
- Food Processing. Rotary vane vacuum pumps are used for vacuum vegetable chilling in order to keep produce fresh. The compressor draws a vacuum on a chamber , thus lowering the boiling point of water, making it much easier to chill large quantities of produce. The vegetables stay fresher longer during transit and have an increased shelf life.
Benefits of Using Ro-Flo Sliding Vane Vacuum Pumps
Sliding vane compressors have significant benefits in many industrial fields. These benefits include:
- Can achieve a deep level of vacuum. Ro-Flo sliding vane compressors can depressurize a chamber to an extremely low point when necessary.
- Robust design stands up to harsh gasses. Dirty, heavy, and corrosive gasses are no match for Ro-Flo compressors. They are designed to withstand the most difficult gastreams.
- Ro-Flo Compressors can handle your Vacuum Pump and Condenser Needs
Are you ready to see what a Ro-Flo compressor can do for your industry? Call (855) 4-A-ROFLO to speak with an engineer about finding the right product for your needs or fill out the contact us form and someone will be in touch.